[OPE] Marxist triumphalism

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@tiscali.nl>
Date: Sun Feb 01 2009 - 09:04:25 EST

I have received or read quite a few comments now from Marxist friends and acquaintances along the lines of "we were right all along" - some say they predicted the new economic crisis five years ago, or ten years ago, 15 years ago, 20 years ago etc. but frankly I am not very impressed by this, because Marxism is always predicting crisis, Marxists have been doing that since the 1890s. The question is not really whether you were correct before the event, or afterwards, but whether you are correct at the right time, when events happen, because that is what can provide leadership for action.

Jurriaan