Re: [OPE] value-form theory redux

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Sun Mar 15 2009 - 15:55:26 EDT

What paper is this Zachariah?   Regards,A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se> Para: Outline on Political Economy mailing list <ope@lists.csuchico.edu> Enviado: domingo, 15 de marzo, 2009 17:50:32 Asunto: Re: [OPE] value-form theory redux Paul Cockshott wrote: > I think Kantorovich demonstrated pretty clearly that such commensurability is possible in the absence of commodities and commodity production and that it arises not from anything subjective but from the objective properties of the technology and labour processes that are available at any given instant. >  Were his 'objectively determined valuations' multipliers in the programming problem? The introduction to your paper is worthwhile quoting in the context of VFT:   [I]n the 1930s (say) one might have expected the "typical" young   Marxist intellectual to have a scientific training or at least to   have general respect for scientific method by the turn of the   century one would be hard pressed to find a young Marxist   intellectual (in the dominant Western countries) whose background   was not in sociology, accountancy, continental philosophy, or   perhaps some "soft" (quasi-philosophical) form of economics, and who   was not profoundly sceptical of (while also ignorant of) current   science. Unlike that Western Marxist tradition we have to treat   political economy and the theory of social revolution like any other   science. We must formulate testable hypotheses, which we then assess   against empirical data. Where the empirical results differ from what   we expected, we must modify and retest our theories. //Dave Z _______________________________________________ ope mailing list ope@lists.csuchico.edu https://lists.csuchico.edu/mailman/listinfo/ope