[OPE] New reserve currency? Meaning of market confidence

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@telfort.nl>
Date: Thu Mar 26 2009 - 15:57:01 EDT

Dollar dips on Geithner’s ‘loose talk’
By Krishna Guha and Tom Braithwaite in Washington and Peter Garnham in London
Published: March 25 2009

The dollar fell briefly on Wednesday after Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, appeared to suggest that the US was open to exploring a Chinese proposal to reduce reliance on the dollar as the world’s reserve currency. (...) With the currency falling, Mr Geithner’s interviewer – Roger Altman, a deputy Treasury secretary in the Clinton administration – gave Mr Geithner the chance to clarify. The Treasury secretary said: “I think the dollar remains the world’s dominant reserve currency.” The dollar subsequently recovered much of its losses.

Complete article http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/e4c56948-1946-11de-9d34-0000779fd2ac.html

Got myself a crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll
Got to do my best to please her, just 'cause she's a living doll
Got a roving eye and that is why she satisfies my soul
Got the one and only walking talking, living doll
Take a look at her hair, it's real
And if you don't believe what I say, just feel
I'm gonna lock her up in a trunk
So no big hunk can steal her away from me

- Cliff Richards, "Living Doll"