RE: [OPE] peanut butter value-form theory

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue Mar 31 2009 - 22:02:08 EDT

On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 02:00 +0100, GERALD LEVY wrote:
> > A point about use-value. Do dodgy crackers have no use-value because
> > they can't be sold or is that they can't be sold because they have no
> > use-value?
>

> Hi Phil:
>

> The latter. If there is no use-value, there can be no value and
> hence no exchange value.

Hi Jerry

We do have a profound disagreement here. In my view, dodgy crackers are
use-values and perfectly capable of bearing value. As I use the term
use-values can be completely useless or even harmful. If they exist at
all they are use-values. As far as am concerned, the phrase 'has no
use-value' is devoid of meaning. Use-value is anything that is capable
of being formed as a commodity, whether it is actually so formed or not.