Re: [OPE] Political persecution in Venezuela/ Allegedly corruption by Opposition leader

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Tue Apr 07 2009 - 02:31:16 EDT

My point is, Jerry, that in the absence of an independent judiciary, you can’t take for granted a transparent judgement of these cases. Besides, since Chavez is big-mouthed he already expressed publicly his intention to see Rosales imprisoned (not because his allegedly participation in the coup, but because supposedly corruption). Chavez already judged Rosales. This deslegitimates the whole judiciary process.   Regards,A. Agafonow ________________________________ De: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com> Para: Outline on Political Economy mailing list <ope@lists.csuchico.edu> Enviado: lunes, 6 de abril, 2009 22:03:51 Asunto: RE: [OPE] Absence ofpolitical persecution in Venezuela/ Corruption by Opposition leader No, Paul C. I wasn't pre-judging anything. You identified two possibilities. I was simply identifying a third.  I don't know what the facts are in the  case - and neither does Alejandro or yourself. I expect we'll find out in upcoming weeks and months. I am willing to suspend judgment; are the both of you willing to do the same?   In solidarity, Jerry   > You are quite literally prejudging the case with that contribution.