[OPE] Value as worth & cockroaches

From: Alejandro Agafonow <alejandro_agafonow@yahoo.es>
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 05:00:31 EDT

Che Guevara cited in Helen Yaffe’s The Economics of Revolution:   «…but the sad reality is that this product to kill cockroaches is coming out with terrible quality, and I am receiving many complaints from all over. I think we will have to produce this with a label that explains that to kill cockroaches we have to tie them together, submerge them in a bottle of insecticide… so that if they don’t die from the poisoning, they will die from drowning.» (pp. 126)     This quotation illustrates in a funny way the consequences of not having a theory of value as worth. Your models if carried out would be stuck in similar situations.   Regards,A. Agafonow