RE: [OPE] Value as worth & cockroaches

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 06:51:51 EDT

Why do you say that?
If the insecticide did not work it is likely that it would not sell at its full value and would have to be discounted by the state wholesalers. The planners on seeing this would scale back production of that line. This does not deal with the problem of whether the chemical industry in Cuba in the 1960s had the ability to synthesise pyrethrins or DDT. If they lacked that basic capacity, no monkeying around with prices would lead to proper insecticide.