RE: [OPE] Fwd: ISTANBUL DECLARATION AGAINST THE 5TH WORLD WATER FORUM 15-22 plesae forward this declaration

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Apr 08 2009 - 06:55:39 EDT

I would strongly urge on you the strategy we used to defeat water privatisation in Scotland:
calling a plebiscite on the issue. It is politically impossible to go against the result of a plebiscite rejecting water privatisation. The key is to get a local government that is sympathetic to you to hold the referendum.