Re: Re: [OPE] The Science of 9/11

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sun Apr 19 2009 - 13:29:25 EDT

Must read the paper - except I am not a materials scientist and would
probably be out of my depth.

One thing I have picked up is that, while thermite is an incendiary
which burns hot enough to cut through steel, nano-thermite is an
explosive - the small particle size and intimate mixing make the
reaction much faster.

I also read part of a massive thread on the issue at JREF, a 911
debunking site. There it is claimed by a materials scientist that the
grey/red chips are just two layers of paint. The grey layer was claimed
to be micaceous iron oxide, the red layer a paint containing Fe2O3,
kaolin (Al2Si2O5(OH)4) and Zinc chromate.

The question was asked: how could such a thin layer cut the columns?

http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=139293