[OPE] Goldman Sachs: fighting the recession, by envisioning your own upturn

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@telfort.nl>
Date: Sat Aug 22 2009 - 05:45:06 EDT

Patrick

I myself have been personally criticized numerous times by the Marxists for
"underestimating the crisis", including on OPE-L (by Jerry Levy, Costas
Lapavitsas, Paul Cockshott and others). The original reason for that was
that I denied that the subprime crisis could cause negative growth of world
GDP, and that I regarded market confidence as an important variable.

Read for yourself what Leftists wrote on Marxmail, A-List, Monthly Review,
Counterpunch, LBO and what not, the British Trotskyites etc. David Yaffe's
newspaper headlined "Goodbye Wallstreet" and Mike Whitney's "meltdown"
articles were widely read.

Most Marxist crisis theories are useless metaphysical waffle in my opinion.
You have to be pro-Marx, but anti-Marxist.

On a beutiful day like this, I don't want to spend more of my creative time
thinking about Leftist stupidity.

Jurriaan