RE: [OPE] replacement cost and historical cost (again)

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 14:34:41 EDT

The example illustrates (1) that temporal value accounting differs from
historical cost accounting because actual expenditures on constant
capital are adjusted for changes in the value of money and (2) that
temporal value accounting differs from replacement cost accounting
because replacement costs are not even mentioned.

The same principles apply to fixed capital cases with the addition of
the principle that value depreciation is in proportion to revenue (in
value terms)