RE: [OPE] replacement cost and historical cost (again)

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Sep 02 2009 - 19:14:21 EDT

> The same principles apply to fixed capital cases with the addition of
> the principle that value depreciation is in proportion to revenue (in
> value terms)

Hi Phil:

And how would you numerically illustrate an unanticipated rate of
depreciation due to technological change creating new, more advanced
and qualitatively different forms of constant fixed capital?

In solidarity, Jerry

PS: I'm back. I've been checking on posts periodically all summer
- with some temporal gaps (smile) - even when I wasn't participating in
discussions. I've also been dealing with routine list business
during this time, including rejecting sp*m postings and answering