RE: ȸ½Å: [OPE] replacement cost and historical cost (again)

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Wed Sep 09 2009 - 13:43:05 EDT

> Yes, we can revise the accounting book in respective as we please.
> But the reason we discuss on the depreciation method is that it could influence
> output prices, profitability, competitiveness, etc.

Hi Chai-on:

Agreed.

> If then, can we change the
> output prices, profitability, competitiveness, etc. in retrospective?

WE can't change profitability but we can calculate it differently. The
important point is that whatever method of calculating depreciation by
individual capitalists is chosen (and, of course, there are many types
of depreciation accounting) can't change the actual average rate of profit.