Re: [OPE] No rise is s/v? Kliman's empirical work on the falling rate of profit

From: Philip Dunn <hyl0morph@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 09:21:57 EDT

Hi Paul

It well known that measurements of s/v are sensitive to the
classification of sectors as unproductive or productive. If
unproductive sectors are forming an increasing fraction of the economy
then the measured s/v will increase over time because the "profits" of
unproductive sectors are deemed to have come from the surplus value of
productive sectors.

If 100% of the economy is taken as productive you don't get this odd
effect.

It is a matter of taste, I guess. De gustibus.