Re: [OPE] No rise is s/v? Kliman's empirical work on the falling rate of profit

From: Paul Zarembka <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Date: Sat Oct 17 2009 - 11:29:04 EDT

Phil,

At least since Wolff's work 30+ years ago, those working in the area are
aware of what you describe. However, I disagree that it could be a
simple matter of 'taste'. If it were, then a researcher is freed to
adjust his or her 'taste' to obtain some result desired (e.g., about the
falling rate of profit). Indeed, a lot of that goes on in empirical
work throughout economics.

In Kliman's current empirical work, I was struck by the simple absence
of discussion to ignore unproductive labor, when we know that it was
discussed a lot by Marx. While complex topic and increases a
researcher's data task enormously, but it can be done. It is still up
at 911truth.org .

Paul

=====
(V23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press softcover, 2008 2nd ed
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA .... (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> Paul Zarembka, Editor www.buffalo.edu/~zarembka