Re: [OPE] No rise is s/v? Kliman's empirical work on the falling rate of profit

From: wpc <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Thu Oct 29 2009 - 12:46:48 EDT

What I want is a numerical example with several people in it not just
the individual whose asset goes up in price. When they sell that asset
the money has come from somebody, and when they purchase commodities out
of capital gains those have had to be produced.

My feeling is that the national accounts people have it right, that no
new income is generated by the process, at most a redistribution of
claims to income.