[OPE] The Dodd plan for financial regulation

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@telfort.nl>
Date: Thu Nov 12 2009 - 13:36:05 EST

Oh, I'm just an ant on the great blue planet you know. I was thinking of FDR
and the three R's, with one of the R's dropped off. You could argue that the
stimulus packages indirectly could stem job losses, but what I was talking
about is that workers have to carry risks all the time, for which there
simply is no financial bailout. There's portfolio risks, and then there's
the risks you run working and not working, risks for which there often is no
insurance. Mark Duffield points out that there are many countries where
people mostly lack any insurance altogether. These insurance and valuation
problems of the West must be totally abstract to them.

J.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSbxwO7Fawk