SV: [OPE] Marta Harnecker's Ideas

From: Anders Ekeland <aekeland@online.no>
Date: Fri Dec 04 2009 - 08:54:09 EST

Hi Jerry,

- MH probably have written extensively on Cuba, Nicargua and Venezuela - but it does not show in her principles, Cuba is just mentioned once, Lenin, Trotsky, Martov, Dunajevskaja, Pannekoek or Bahro, Uhl, Belocerkovski... I have still not read it properly - but no theoretician of marxist organisation that I know of seems to be even mentioned. Strange - very strange.

- And as Alejandro points out - what she writes and her postions on Cuba, Venezuela etc. are "poles apart" (I do not know her position) but it does not suprise me if that is the case.

- And why write about the SWPs, the FI? I agree that these were small, but was there anything concious, Marxist, cadre organisations thatt were bigger? Is not the real difficulty that rev. org. in the mature capitalist countries a) are small b) easily split up? IMHO any kind of "Ideas for the Struggle" must adress these challenges.

- ASFAICS - is the only organisation that MH mentiones by name is Frente Amplio - but that is a rather particular case focussed on "popular consultations"

- MH to me looks like a very soft critique of the authoritarian aspects of certain Lat.Am leaders/regimes. But since is is so soft, no names mentioned, no concrete affair used as an illustration - it is useless for me.

So the question that is interesting is - why do Links promote these "truisms" (leaders should listen to the masses etc. etc.) - why do Jerry forward it?

Can you throw any light on that issue Jerry?

Regards
Anders