Re: [OPE] Marta Harnecker's Ideas

From: Paul Bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Sun Dec 06 2009 - 07:27:58 EST

Anders,

why do you think that 'theoreticians' need to be referred to when writing a
book/article on contempoarry issues? If we look at eg Connolly's Labour in
Irish History there is a single passing reference to Marx. Yet it is a book
widely read after its publication, important for the Irish anti
colonial/imperialist movement, and a valuable short text for any modern
reader. If a work is written as a political polemic then there will be
targets and allies, but for a wider audience should we really worry about
geneology? Isn't your view very 'academic' and 'professionally'
introspective?

Paul Bullock