SV: SV: [OPE] Sraffa's and others' writing style

From: Anders Ekeland <aekeland@online.no>
Date: Mon Dec 07 2009 - 10:46:47 EST

Hi Jerry,

seems like time to round off since to me your last contribution has little substance - and I do not understand your irony.

The transformation problem - the relation between money and value - is a real one - for all schools in economics. If you think it is only some Marxian quarrel - you're wrong. Just take a look at the article by A. Sinha "A Sraffian critique of the classical notion of centre of gravitation " CJE, 2009, 33, 1065?1087.

Was it Sraffa's intention to critize this Smith/Ricardo/Marx idea? What was the relation of the static models of PCBMC to real life dynamics? Doesn't that merit a line or two.

The same goes for MH - as Jurriaan pointed out - each and every paragraph cries out for clarification given the accumulated (sad, depressing) experiences with rev.org, their degeneration, fragmentation etc.

Regards
Anders