RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 13:03:05 EST

At the beginning there one passage where he is a bit too strict when he says: "The export of capital -that is global investment - as opposed to export of commodities becomes the distinguishing feature of imperialism." While I share this idea I would have not said "as opposed to" but as different from, because though the determining feature of imperialism is export of capital it has been accompanied always by the export of commodities.