Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 11:41:26 EST

On 2009-12-29 16:23, Dogan wrote:
> Can you plase indicate passages where David might have implied such views?

These are corollaries in the paragraphs that mention 'labour
aristocracy' or 'oppressed and oppressor nation'. For instance,

    "Imperialism divides
    the world between oppressed and
    oppressor nations; at the same time it
    brings about class differentiation within
    both the bourgeoisie and the proletariat
    ñ the existence of purely parasitic finan-
    ciers [rentier class] and the labour aris-
    tocracy bribed out of the superprofits of
    imperialism." (p.1)

and

    "the existence of high
    monopoly profits drawn out of the
    underdeveloped world as the material
    basis of a privileged layer of the work-
    ing class in the imperialist countries." (p.2)

and especially the entire section starting from p.9 that implies that
the entire British economy is parasitic.

Note the asymmetry in replies between us. I keep replying to the issues
and questions you raise, yet you fail to address most of the theoretical
problems that I raised in this series of posts, confident that it is
sufficient assert that the article is 'well-argued'.

The asymmetry indicates to me that I better stop for now.

//Dave Z