Re: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Tue Dec 29 2009 - 17:17:16 EST

On 2009-12-29 21:45, Jerry wrote:
> If you think of the export of capital as an export and expansion of a
> social relation (most especially, the class relation between
> capitalists and wage-workers) then it's quite real (but not without
> its contradictory aspects).
No one would deny that investment across regions, 'capital export',
expands the social relations of capitalism.

But that is the point I'm making, that this (and similar) features
cannot reasonably be the defining element of imperialism for it occurs
significantly in countries that are not considered to be 'imperialist'.
E.g. Japan or China. In other words, imperialism is inadequately
theorized in this framework.

//Dave Z