RE: [OPE] Britain--parasitic and decaying capitalism: A comment

From: Paul Cockshott <wpc@dcs.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 13:08:58 EST

The problem is that from 1920 onwards the communists based their strategy on anticipation of a new world war which would lead to revolutions.
This was a reasonable guess at the time and turned out in 1936 to be right.
But if you read Stalin in 1952 he was still set in the same old groove, expecting another war between Germany, France and the USA which would lead to another round of revolutions. This was wild of the mark.
The question we have to ask is whether there is likely to be another world war based on the old model of empires dividing the world as the Kaiser and Hitler tried to do?
It is possible that China will play this role, but I remain to be convinced