Re: [OPE] 'conspiracy theory'

From: Paul Zarembka <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Date: Thu Dec 31 2009 - 12:35:01 EST

Dave,

I am myself deeply critical of the 9/11 Commission Report and have
edited a book, now in its second edition, on the subject. ALL of the
authors are left of center and some are marxists.

I certainly am no supporter of Alex Jones. Indeed, I want to do my part
that the right cannot try to claim a monopoly of thought around this
issue, an outcome which I believe would be EXTREMELY dangerous politically.

Regarding the word 'conspiracy theorist', we all know that 9-11 was a
conspiracy, the issue is by whom. Bush and Report claim 'al Qaeda' and
want to be able to claim that they have THE FACTS, no discussion or
examination needed (as in 'theory') ... as they claimed for WMD in Iraq,
except the Report is even more ridiculous as it lacks EXHIBITS
demonstrating its case against the 19, but rather has footnotes like
"CIA", etc. HA! The Niger yellow cake was at least an exhibit, and we
learned a forgery.

Paul

=====
(V23) THE HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press softcover, 2008 2nd ed
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA .... (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> Paul Zarembka, Editor www.buffalo.edu/~zarembka
.