Re: [OPE] Raya Dunayesvskaya (1910 - 1987)

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 10:07:26 EDT

> I know that at one time we had a very strong supporter of her as a list member.

Hi Paul C:

We had more than one: for instance, Ted McGlone was also a strong supporter.

Others, including former member Michael Lebowitz and current member Murray
Smith, have indicated that they also were influenced by her perspectives.

Having said that, I am at a loss to describe her genuine theoretical contributions.
All I can think of is that she was an anti-Stalinist at a time and place when that really
mattered and that she was one of the few anti-Stalinist Marxists who actually
wrote articles on political economy during that period.