Re: [OPE] Raya Dunayesvskaya (1910 - 1987)

From: Murray Smith <msmith@brocku.ca>
Date: Tue Apr 06 2010 - 15:19:27 EDT

Hi Jerry,

I was surprised to see you cite me as someone on the list who had been
influenced by Raya Dunayevskaya. While I may have indicated at some point
that I had read some of her work (perhaps in an early OPE exchange with
Andrew Kliman?), I have never been influenced by any of her distinctive
theoretical or political positions -- neither her theory of state
capitalism, nor her particular interpretation of Marx's humanism.

All the best,

Murray Smith