Re: [OPE] Important review of Kautskyism Past and Present

From: Dave Zachariah <davez@kth.se>
Date: Sat Aug 07 2010 - 15:02:03 EDT

On 2010-08-07 20:27, david@danyaf.plus.com wrote:
> The book is the
> first volume available so far of a three volume work. It can be found at:
>
> www.rosclar.webspace.virginmedia.com
>
> Please pass this information on to others who might also be interested.

Looking at the second page of the book, I learn that OPE-L is denounced too:

    "A perfect example of a modern-day ‘storehouse’ publication is
    OPE-L, a ‘Marxist’ email list whose members are shielded against
    public censure. As the editors of OPE-L proudly announced: ‘We
    decided ... to make our archives available to the public subject to
    the following condition: you may not indicate the authors of any
    posts that you cite.’ Thanks to this protective policy, OPE-L can
    ‘let people see what is being said’, while at the same time ensuring
    that ‘no member of the list has to defend every word that he or she
    posts.’"

I never realized OPE-L was an official publication! This indicates a
mindset harking back to the days of mass parties, world wars and
Comintern, when discussions in print were in official party organs and
it was important to assert the 'correct line'.

//Dave Z