Re: [OPE] Important review of Kautskyism Past and Present

From: <david@danyaf.plus.com>
Date: Thu Aug 12 2010 - 06:01:06 EDT

Jerry,

There has to be some way of acknowledging the superior contributions of
Marx and Lenin, for example, in explaining the real world, otherwise what
are you really saying. If you disagree with their arguments then we require
a substantial argument against them not liberal protestations about their
tone of argument etc. I am sure you agree. Citing Marx or Lenin is not a
problem for me if doing so clarifies the point or makes the point in a far
better way than I could do. What is wrong with that? I also happen to think
they represented the trend in the revolutionary movement that stood for the
interests of the vast majority of humanity, unlike Kautsky. That is
important surely.

Anyway I am not sure if this gets to the root of the problem I initially
raised.

David Yaffe