[OPE] Reply to critics

From: Jurriaan Bendien <adsl675281@telfort.nl>
Date: Thu Sep 30 2010 - 04:48:16 EDT

I will reply to this when I get more time. Meanwhile, let me just say that
it is very unhelpful if Paul Cockshott does not format his posts
appropriately, so that one has to scroll endlessly backwards and forwards to
figure out what he is saying. Maybe he has a giant computer screen in which
he can see the whole thing but I don't and many others don't have one
either. So it would be very helpful if Paul Cockshott could adjust the
righthand margin in his mail program to fit a normal page width.

BTW Paula, Marx does say time and again that economic value is a purely
social category; you don't have to agree with it, but he does say that. Not
all labour is social labour; if a producer produces something only for his
own requirements and consumption, it is not social labour. Social labour, in
the sense in which Marx uses this term, is the production of something for
the use or consumption of others.

Jurriaan