Re: [OPE] Reply to critics

From: GERALD LEVY <gerald_a_levy@msn.com>
Date: Mon Nov 08 2010 - 20:40:08 EST

> More generally, I strongly believe we should not base our analysis
> of the service economy (or anything else) on circular arguments and
> unexamined assumptions. Otherwise we're bound to get things wrong, and
> any intelligent person will quite rightly conclude we're not serious.

Hi Paula:

Well, I think your claim that services can not be commodities is chock
full of unexamined assumptions and circular reasoning but if we haven't
made progress in exposing those assumptions/circular reasoning to
the other yet then I don't think we're going to. I have pointed you to
some literature which explains this matter in greater depth. What
literature from your perspective can you point me towards?