Re: [OPE] Just published: THE NATIONAL QUESTION AND THE QUESTION OF CRISIS (RPE, Vol. 26)

From: Paul Zarembka <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2010 - 09:06:57 EST

Dave,

I wonder if you have been following this discussion carefully enough.
Paul C. says that profits can remain at $10 billion as capital stock
moves from $100 billion, to 95, to 50 and continue on downward toward
0. This means capital stock (means of production) are not required for
a sustained level of profits.

If that were true, then workers could run their own operations with
their own labor power and wouldn't need capitalists controlling means of
production.

It is not my own "odd conclusion" but the implication of Paul C's
explanation of his paper. And I don't see how your formula for R has
bearing on the above (by the way, what does "share of surplus value"
refer to).

Paul Z.

=====
(V23) HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press, 2nd ed. softcover
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
(V26) THE NATIONAL QUESTION AND THE QUESTION OF CRISIS
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> P.Zarembka, Ed., www.emeraldinsight.com/books.htm?issn=0161-7230
.