Re: [OPE] Madoff Ponzi scheme

From: Paul Cockshott <William.Cockshott@glasgow.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Dec 22 2010 - 04:19:40 EST

This paper http://reality.gn.apc.org/econ/creditcrisis.pdf attempts to look at the relationship between the 'normal' operation
of the financial markets and Madoffs activities
"During the bull market the financial system as acts as a vast Ponzi scheme. Any
excess of deposits by savers over and above the current needs of industry and the
state are translated into prots and bonuses. Savings are converted into current
consumption revenues of the banking community."