[OPE] Michael Moore's Leaked Citibank Plutonomy Memo

From: Jurriaan Bendien <jurriaanbendien@online.nl>
Date: Sun Jan 30 2011 - 07:06:28 EST

A pdf of the Citi report is here:

http://madsociologist.net/resources/Plutonomy.pdf

On 1 June 2008, I posted an excerpt of the Knight Frank article on
plutonomies on OPE-L (New
buzzword: Knight Frank on "plutonomies"
http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/ope/archive/0806/0008.html ) but this
article was later withdrawn from the Knight Frank site.

Many of the very wealthy use "private banking" - one simply doesn't know
where their wealth is.

"After consulting with European banking sources, Nuqudy.com analysts are
able to shed light on the value of personal wealth owned by the ousted
president [Ben Ali of Tunesia] despite the difficulties in accessing this
information at this point. Based on our initial calculations, the value of
funds deposited in Ben Ali's bank accounts abroad amounts to some US$ 1.5
billion. This preliminary estimate is referring only to the cash in the
accounts of the ousted president and does not include assets and other
properties, which worth billions of dollars, and are owned by his family,
Trabulsi family and other close aides."
http://www1.albawaba.com/banking-finance/ousted-tunisian-president-ben-ali-has-15-billion-private-bank-accounts

Jurriaan