Re: [OPE] Marx on the U.S. Civil War

From: Paul Zarembka <zarembka@buffalo.edu>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2011 - 19:16:55 EST

Paul B.

I am not much concerned about the difference between Marx and Engels,
and do not share Jerry's formulation that Engels departed from Marx.
Rather, Marx wrote a private comment to Engels and I entirely recognize
that Engels may have said to himself or out loud "Moor, you are right as
I was a bit superficial". We all learn from dialogue with others don't we?

Nevertheless, I would prefer to know, than not know, if some of Marx's
published pieces on the Civil War were written/drafted by Engels. Nor
more than presuming a married couple as thinking the same, should we so
presume such of Marx and Engels.

Paul Z.

=====
(V23) HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press, 2nd ed. softcover
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
(V26) THE NATIONAL QUESTION AND THE QUESTION OF CRISIS
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> P.Zarembka, ed., www.emeraldinsight.com/books.htm?issn=0161-7230
====> or www.buffalo.edu/~zarembka
.