Re: [OPE] Marx on the U.S. Civil War

From: paul bullock <paulbullock@ebms-ltd.co.uk>
Date: Tue Feb 08 2011 - 06:27:27 EST

Well they didn’t get a divorce ;-)

paul

From: ope-bounces@lists.csuchico.edu [mailto:ope-bounces@lists.csuchico.edu]
On Behalf Of Paul Zarembka
Sent: 07 February 2011 00:17
To: ope@lists.csuchico.edu
Subject: Re: [OPE] Marx on the U.S. Civil War

Paul B.

I am not much concerned about the difference between Marx and Engels, and do
not share Jerry's formulation that Engels departed from Marx. Rather, Marx
wrote a private comment to Engels and I entirely recognize that Engels may
have said to himself or out loud "Moor, you are right as I was a bit
superficial". We all learn from dialogue with others don't we?

Nevertheless, I would prefer to know, than not know, if some of Marx's
published pieces on the Civil War were written/drafted by Engels. Nor more
than presuming a married couple as thinking the same, should we so presume
such of Marx and Engels.

Paul Z.

=====
(V23) HIDDEN HISTORY OF 9-11, Seven Stories Press, 2nd ed. softcover
(V24) TRANSITIONS IN LATIN AMERICA (V25) WHY CAPITALISM SURVIVES CRISES
(V26) THE NATIONAL QUESTION AND THE QUESTION OF CRISIS
====> Research in Political Economy, Emerald Group, Bingley, UK
====> P.Zarembka, ed., www.emeraldinsight.com/books.htm?issn=0161-7230
====> or www.buffalo.edu/~zarembka
.