[OPE-L:46] RE: Listing Questions

Michael A. Lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Thu, 14 Sep 1995 00:38:16 -0700

In message Wed, 13 Sep 1995 10:41:31 -0700,
Gilbert Skillman <gskillman@mail.wesleyan.edu> writes:

>>What I was suggesting was that we move
>> systematically through Marx's CAPITAL (after we have considered the
>> "plans") and explore what we see as problems (gaps, lapses, faulty
>> architectonics, mistakes?) there.
>> mike lebowitz
>>

> I also like this suggestion, though it is one guaranteed to cause
> disagreement, particularly with respect to "lapses" and "mistakes."

All the more reason to do it (although we should invoke a time/space
limit on anything in relation to Ch. 5)! For those who weren't on Pen a few
years back, oldtimers still gather and talk about the famous "Ch.5 Debate"
which involved among others Gil, Jim and me. Gil emulated a chess master
and carried on about 10 simultaneous dialogues... and got an article out of
it, too.

> I also like the word "architectonics."

Me, too. Wish I knew what it meant. Well, Marx chided Ricardo for his
faulty architectonics (which are much more serious than fallen arches).
cheers,
mike
Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6
Office: (604) 291-4669; Office fax: (604) 291-5944
Home: (604) 255-0382
Lasqueti Island (current location): (604) 333-8810
e-mail: mlebowit@sfu.ca