[OPE-L:335] Re: ALTERNATIVES/PROPOSAL [951025]

Michael A. Lebowitz (mlebowit@sfu.ca)
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 09:49:17 -0700

I agree with the amended proposal to begin with the Preface and look
forward to chaion lee's notes to start off the discussion. Given that this
will open up the general question of methodology, perhaps we can set aside a
tentative period for discussion (2 weeks?)./ mike

In message Wed, 25 Oct 1995 05:12:56 -0700,
conlee@chonnam.chonnam.ac.kr (chaion lee) writes:

> I agree with Jerry. But, before starting from Chapter 1, I would like us
> to start from Preface to the First edition of Capital vol I, in which he
> discussed method of economics. I have some dissenting notes on
> conventional understanding of Marx's method of economics, notably in
> Sweezy, Meek and Foley. The concept of abstraction, etc. If we agree
> all with Jerry, I shall propose a short essay of 3 or 4 pages on the
> method of economics against Sweezy, Foley, etc. next monday.
> Yours
> Chai-on Lee
> <conlee@chonnam.chonnam.ac.kr>

Michael A. Lebowitz
Economics Department, Simon Fraser University
Burnaby, B.C., Canada V5A 1S6
Office: (604) 291-4669; Office fax: (604) 291-5944
Home: (604) 255-0382
Lasqueti Island: (604) 333-8810
e-mail: mlebowit@sfu.ca