[OPE-L:1807] Re: Accumulation of capital in Ch. 24--Prmitive Acc.

Paul Zarembka (ecopaulz@ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu)
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 07:39:08 -0700

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996, chaion lee wrote:

> Paul Z wrote,
> -------------
> Korean (and elsewhere) violent separation is financed out of pre-existing
> surplus value.
>
> Chai-on:
> -------
> If it were financed out of pre-existing surplus value, then it should be a part of current capitalist accumulation. But, the violence has been financed by the violence itself. The state activity is financed by taxes, inflationary money creations, etc
> Those are a part of the primitive accumulation. You may think that the capitalists support financially the state activity out of their produced surplus values. But the method of exploiting the surplus value is not of the capitalist.
> Even in the prehistory of the English capitalism, the state activity was financed in part by the surplus-values collected from the emerging capitalists.

Chai-on, I'm 100ure you know Korea better than I do, so I bow to your
superior knowledge. Also, I don't think we disagree on the definition of
accumulation of capital or of primitive accumulation of capital.

Paul Z.