[OPE-L:3007] Okishio + profit rate determination and competition

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Thu, 12 Sep 1996 17:21:29 -0700 (PDT)

Duncan wrote the following way back in [OPE-L:2950]:

> At this point, however, the issue is about the drafting of the papers, not
> about the results or their scientific importance. Maybe it would have been
> better if a referee had insisted that (E) be stated explicitly in the
> original papers, but I don't think it would make much difference to
> anybody's opinion about the result.

I may have missed something, but has anyone answered the above argument?

> I think it would be more fruitful to focus on the problem of theories of
> profit rate determination and competition under conditions of continuing
> technical change (a constellation of questions that we are far from having
> any agreed-on answers to).

Before we can give "any agreed-on answers", we first have to identify the
"constellation of questions." Duncan: from your perspective, what are
some of the questions in the constellation? If others want to identify
questions in the constellation, I would be very interested in hearing
their questions as well?

In OPE-L Solidarity,

Jerry