[OPE-L:3641] Re: Dialogue on Hegel and Althusser

Gerald Lev (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 04:06:46 -0800 (PST)

Paul Z wrote in [OPE-L:3640]:

> Sometimes, Jerry, you ask for a lot. This is one of those times and I
> have noticed that this list has drawn much more interest from issues
> closer to economics propre (whatever that is) than the more
> philosophical discourses. To respond to your suggestion would require
> more energy than I have available at this time, particularly if I
> will be drawn into defending my positions (as I should). So, I guess I'll
> have to pass, but may enter if others start a ball rolling and I find a
> need for intervention. Sorry. Paul Z.

1) There's no need to be "sorry", Paul. If you don't have the time,
energy, or inclination to discuss this topic now, that's something I can
readily understand and appreciate.

2) I guess I do sometimes (although, not necessarily this time) ask a
lot.

3) If others want to talk about this or other threads, then they will
happen. If not, then they won't. I believe, in due course, that all of the
issues of importance will ultimately get an airing on this list -- sooner
or later.

4) You are probably right about how "this list has drawn much more interest
from issues closer to economics propre", but I like to see us also have
methodological/philosophical, conjunctural/class, and political/praxis
discussions as well.

In solidarity,

Jerry