[OPE-L:4133] Re: New Quiz and New New Quiz!

aramos@aramos.b (aramos@aramos.bo)
Mon, 3 Feb 1997 16:51:47 -0800 (PST)

In ope-l 4131, Andrew K writes:

> Now, my example, though insufficient to discuss *everything*
> concerning the equalization of profit rates,
> demonstrates clearly that there is a huge difference
> between maximizing the expected rate of return and
> maximizing the "replacement cost" rate of profit.

> In my example, the "replacement cost" rate was higher
> in one industry but the expected rate of return was lower.

I would appreciate that Andrew posts "his example"
containing a couple of tables in which we can see clearly
the different calculations yielding both the "replacement
cost" rate and the "expected rate of return". Now, it is a
little bit involving to follow Andrew's post. Please, tell
us if this corresponds to the tables that I and Rieu worked
out.

An elementary algebra definitions of both rates would also
be useful.

I guess that this WAS discussed and illustratED some months
ago, but there are NEW listmembers (like Rieu and I) who
never saw these tables, examples and formulas. (Always it is
useful to distinguish between t and t+1, or t-1 and t!!)

Thanks in advance!

Alejandro Ramos M.
3.2.97