[OPE-L:4530] Re: Is Fred M. a "Newsolutionist"?

Ajit Sinh (ecas@cc.newcastle.edu.au)
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 20:20:14 -0800 (PST)

At 06:54 AM 3/25/97 -0800, Jerry Levy wrote:
>Ajit wrote in [OPE-L:4516]:
>
>> On the lighter
>> note: I have read many meandering papers on value theory where it is evident
>> that the author(s) don't really know what they are talking about-- we don't
>> name names on OPE-L.
>
>We *do* name names on OPE-L. We have never attempted to shy away from
>critique, but we also try to present both agreements and disagreements
>in a respectful and comradely manner. As I explained to you before
>joining, the "culture" on OPE-L is rather different in this regard from
>other Net lists. Your perspectives, and those of everyone else on the
>list, will be aired and subject to discussion. However, the less assertive
>one is and the more one cogently articulates one's perspective, the more
>likely the resulting discussion will be enlightening.

Jerry, you sound like the head master of some stupid school who all the kids
love to hate. You got to lighten up a bit man! We are all adults here. Don't
keep giving us lecture on "culture" and what is the most enlightening way of
debate etc. We know how to talk, okay. Cheers, ajit sinha