[OPE-L] Re: Disagreement or dismissal?

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 06:15:51 -0500 (EST)

Andrew K wrote on Sun, 8 Feb:

> Perhaps, but I think your participation would be considered more
> serious were you to read my posts carefully enough so that you don't
> misattribute phrases to me that I am just quoting.

Yes, you (and Alejandro R) are correct: the "mafia" phrase was originally
used (perhaps in jest?) by Mike W. In my own defense, at the time that I
addressed my question to the list on Feb 2 I was indeed having a hard
time reading (and replying to) posts since I couldn't access my Pratt
Internet account and had to use an inferior alternative
(jlevy@sescva.esc.edu).

In solidarity, Jerry