From: owner-ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu on behalf of Ian Hunt
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 1998 9:54 PM
To: ope-l@galaxy.csuchico.edu
Subject: RE: [OPE-L] What is the debate is about?

Ian wrote: "Now, it seems that if output prices are constant from one period
to the next, then on the TSS view (if I have understood it) input prices will
not differ from output prices as values differ in magnitude from prices of
production."

I think you do understand it.

Ian: "What IS the debate all about??"

Well, between you and me, it seems, nothing. (You don't know how good that
makes me feel; finally, a discussion that has resolved a debate!) Others out
there are very uncomfortable with the idea that physical quantities (I-O
coefficients, real wages) are not the sole determinants of prices and profit
rates.

Ciao,

Andrew Kliman