[OPE-L:6231] RE: What is the debate is about?

Ian Hunt (Ian.Hunt@flinders.edu.au)
Fri, 27 Feb 1998 13:24:01 +1030 (CDT)

>A reply to the PIAF:
>
>----------

I am not sure that I know what the debate is about either. Perhaps I
misunderstood Andrew's response to my thought experiment. i supposed two
periods across which neither technoilogy nor supply and demand altered.
Andrew's response was to suppose that in a previous period, technology was
different. I then suggested that we extend the assumption of constant
technology, etc backwards, because the point I wanted to make was that if
the output price is constant over at least two successive periods, and I
could not see why this could not happen, then input prices could not differ
from output prices in the way TSS suggests.

Now, it seems that if output prices are constant from one period to the
next, then on the TSS view (if I have understood it) input prices will not
differ from output prices as values differ in magnitude from prices of
production. What IS the debate all about??