[OPE-L:6434] RE: [OPE] What is prior? Response to Paul C

Allin Cottrell (cottrell@ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu)
Wed, 8 Apr 1998 08:01:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, andrew kliman wrote:

> Alan wrote, responding to Paul Cockshott: "I think that it you probably
> wouldn't find sense in the idea that the product has a monetary measure prior
> to its sale."
>
> I find it hard to believe that anyone who has ever shopped in a store could
> disagree with this. But I guess some do.

That's rather obviously beside the point. The price marked on
an item in a store need bear no relation to the monetary
'translation' of its value as determined in production (which is
what Alan was talking about). The marked price may already
reflect an adjustment to the conditions of exchange (discount or
premium relative to value).

Allin Cottrell.