[OPE-L:40] [OPE-L:269] Re: Alienation - new and old references

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:34:38 -0500 (EST)

From: "Murray E.G. Smith" <ulyano1@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: [OPE-L:264] Alienation - new and old references
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 12:04:36 -0500

Anders, you might want to have a look at my article "Alienation,
Exploitation and Abstract Labor: A Humanist Defense of Marx's Theory of
Value" (Review of Radical Political Economics, 26:1, 1994). It attempts an
articulation of Marx's theory of alienation with his "mature" theory of
value, in response to two critics of Marx's theory of labor-value (Michael
Macy and Gavin Kitching) who have sought to counterpose them.

Regards,

Murray Smith