[OPE-L:124] [OPE-L:351] 1999 IWGVT mini-conference: papers received and final deadlines

Gerald Levy (glevy@pratt.edu)
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 17:04:50 -0500 (EST)

Alan probably tried to send us the following, but it must have been lost
in cyberspace when the server was down. /In solidarity, Jerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:41:03 +0000
From: Alan Freeman <a.freeman@greenwich.ac.uk>
To: econ-value@mailbase.ac.uk
Subject: 1999 IWGVT mini-conference: papers received and final deadlines

[APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTS; THIS HAS BEEN SENT TO SEVERAL LISTS AND TO
MEMBERS OF THE ECON-VALUE LIST, WHICH IS USED FOR IWGVT ANNOUNCEMENTS.
SUBSEQUENT POSTS EXCEPT FOR THE FINAL SESSION LIST WILL BE SENT TO
ECON-VALUE ONLY. SUBSCRIBE TO THIS LIST IF YOU WISH TO BE KEPT INFORMED
OF DEVELOPMENTS]

Dear colleague

Thanks to all for a superb response to the call for papers for the March
1999 mini-conference on value theory, at the EEA annual conference in
the Boston Park Plaza Hotel, March 12th-14th 1999.

We have a total of 32 papers received, and two offers of late submission
are under consideration.

PLEASE CHECK:

IF YOU HAVE SENT A PAPER AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED A (SEPARATE)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, THIS MEANS WE EITHER DON'T HAVE YOUR CORRECT E-MAIL OR
WE DIDN'T GET YOUR PAPER. IN EITHER CASE, CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY.

Late submissions
================

Because of a number of requests for late submission from contributors
unaware of the early deadline this time around, and because the deadline
was moved forward this year, we have agreed an extended final deadline
of DECEMBER 7th for late submissions. However, because we cannot turn
round reviewers' comments in this time, authors of late submissions
must themselves ensure compliance with IWGVT scholarship guidelines.

Conference participation
========================

Several people have written saying they don't have a paper and asking if
they can still come. Of course! But you don't have to pay a submission
fee (to us). Apply direct to the EEA, come to the Boston conference, and
come to the IWGVT sessions.

Discussants and discussion
==========================

With the papers ready well in advance, we want to place a premium on
discussion. If you are interested in serving as a discussant please let
us know; if you would like to comment on one or more of the papers, we
will do our best to get your contributions circulated. We hope to get
this process under way as soon as we've put the new papers up to the
website.

The call for papers and, when posted, the conference papers, can be
found on the IWGVT website:

www.greenwich.ac.uk/~fa03/iwgvt

Alan Freeman
Andrew Kliman