[OPE-L:1198] RE: Re: Re: Re: monetary inflows versus capital accumulation

From: makoto itoh (mktitoh@kokugakuin.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Sep 13 1999 - 00:31:02 EDT

Dear Fred, Jerry and other friends;

As for the Japanese financial crisis, let me attach a file in Words 98, the
draft of a chapter of my next English book, The Japanese Economy
Reconsidered(Macmillan and St.Martin's). Any comments on it are certainly
welcome. I do not think that the difficlty in Japanese banks will ignite a
fall in the New York Stock market. Since Japanese banks seems safer than
before the injection of public money. Japanese money is still going to buy
US securities and shares. The US bubble will burst rather by its own logic
just as we saw in the case of Japan, rather than in the subsequent cases of
other Asian crises. The Chinese money may move away more quickly than the
Japanese in its nature. Are these responses of some help?

Makoto